The Pomme de Terre River Association is looking for a Watershed Project Coordinator!
See details bellow or download the Position Announcement HERE
POSITION: Project Coordinator
LOCATION: Pomme de Terre River Association Office, Stevens SWCD. Morris, MN
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, grant based temporary position. Continuation indefinite based on grant acquisitions. Current employment through October 2020
SALARY: $18 – $24/.50/hr. starting (DOE) with 6 month probation.
BENEFITS: Paid holidays, insurance reimbursement, vacation, sick leave, Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA)
DEADLINE: 4:00PM on September the 11th, 2019
The Project Coordinator of the Pomme de Terre River Association performs a variety of job duties that include a combination of technical and administrative tasks to fulfill the overall goals of the Pomme de Terre River Association. This includes administration of grants and programs, civic engagement/public outreach activities, administration of water quality implementation plans (TMDL & WRAPS), facilitating the adoption and implementation of One Watershed, One Plan, utilizing Arc GIS tools (PTMApp) to address water quality concerns, meeting facilitation, and program coordination to name a few.
The Coordinator works closely with the Local Governmental Units within the Pomme de Terre Watershed boundary which includes Big Stone, Douglas, Grant, Stevens, Swift, and West Otter Tail Counties, SWCD offices, and coordinating agencies.
- A degree in Natural Resources, Biology, Ecological Sciences, Hydrology or closely related fields and a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
- Grant writing skills, or technical writing skills sufficient to adequately apply for grant funding and compose highly technical reports and updates.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook, Power Point.
- Experience with Arc GIS software
- Knowledge of local land use and soil health practices, and interactions with ground and surface water.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills sufficient to disseminate highly technical information to local citizens and board members. Must be comfortable speaking to large and small groups of varying demographics.
- Highly motivated to work with no supervision, and also able to take direction from multiple sources including the Joint Powers Board and Technical Committee.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
- Accounting and/or budgeting experience. (Must be highly proficient with Excel)
- Knowledge of governmental agencies (MPCA, BWSR, DNR, NRCS, County, and SWCD)
- Knowledge of local board operations.
- Valid Drivers license and ability to operate a standard or manual transmission vehicle.
- Able to lift 50lbs, work outdoors in difficult terrain, and work at a desk.
- Two or more years of work experience in Natural Resources, Biology, Ecological Sciences, Hydrology or closely related field
- Some background in business
- Promote and implement watershed projects and programs including cost-share, incentives, and water quality monitoring.
- Work closely with the Joint Powers Board and Technical Advisory Committee to carry out board policies, programs, and other water quality activities.
- Apply for grants, including Clean Water Funds, Clean Water Partnership, and any other funding source according to board policies to implement conservation projects and practices to improve and protect local water quality.
- Update and track grant progress and budget expenditures.
- Progress reporting and eLink (BWSR reporting system).
- Communicate to the JPB and to the public all water quality findings, and water quality program updates including MPCA Major Watershed and BWSR One Watershed, One Plan projects.
- Participate in tours and local education programs, outdoor classroom events and other activities to promote the Pomme de Terre River Association and water quality.
- Assist JPB board and TAC members with other applicable duties.
- Work with the Prioritize, Target, and Measure Application (PTMApp) for the watershed.
Applicants must submit a one-page letter of interest, resume, 3 references by 4:00PM on September the 11th, 2019 to email@example.com be considered for this position. Interview candidates may be asked to provide a writing sample.
Candidates will be considered without discrimination for any circumstance including race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.